Sunday, February 10, 2013

Suite Lovin'


Mamas like to brag on their children; it just happens.  These ladies are not my children, most of them are actually older than me, but these are who I want to spend my "Momma moment" reflecting and bragging on....the ladies of my suite:





Allie, your ability to become flexible is awesome!  Not in the cliché “that’s great” way, but in the “it fills me with amazement” way.  You know more than anyone I know that life involves ups, downs, and unexpected turns.  Your ability to reconsider your life’s direction shows enormous maturity and insight.  I know everything will be okay.  I continually pray for you: for peace, for clarity, and most of all, for love.  I have no doubt you are right where you’re supposed to be, doing big things!  Also, big congratulations for running in the Krispy Kreme Challenge this weekend!

Alyssa, I’m so proud of you managing work and school!  I’m always so impressed when you spout off random bodily facts and chemical knowledge.  You motivate me by how on top of studying and reading you always seem to be.  I know you will be a wonderful nurse: a calm balance of knowledge and compassion.  I most enjoy when your sassy personality or random quirks come out.  Thank you for your quiet motivation, even temper, and sass!

Cassidy, your feisty attitude brings laughter into the suite!  Your knowledge about foods and fitness educates me and motivates me to be healthier.  Your ability to persevere with your little buddy this year despite challenges is super commendable!  I have no doubt you are making a lasting impact on him, and that your relationship with him is something he will be thankful for years down the road!

Emily, this weekend makes you entering the business school official!  Congratulations!  Being accepted into one of the best business schools in the nation is quite the feat, and something we all knew you could do!  But more importantly, I continue to be so impressed by how you stay true to yourself, your values, your loves, and your goals.  Despite the pressures of the business school, you maintain your love of acting, singing, and working with children.  You are currently doing all of that and have stuck with your plans to continue with those interests and talents, which I know will lead to success and happiness!

Haley, you impress me every week when you come back to the suite excited about the progress your basketball team is making.  You leave every Saturday convinced this is the day for the Magic.  Your team sees that, knows that, and appreciates that.  Your team looks up to you and values the time you spend with them.  Thank you for appreciating people, not taking life too seriously, and for always, always laughing!

Kate, just as you set out to do since entering college, you have applied to UNC’s school of education!  You have taken and continue to take difficult math classes.  I know you will be a great teacher; firm in imparting knowledge and compassionate in loving individuals.  I know, too, that you will be a wonderful coach after years and years of being a player.  Also, big congratulations for running in the Krispy Kreme Challenge this weekend!

Maddie, I literally laughed when you started talking about all the math classes you were taking this semester.  They sounded horrible.  Actually, who am I kidding?! They still do! But you have soldiered on and are succeeding in them.  You are diligent about your classes, reading, and studying.  This hard work has lead to your acceptance into the UNC BEST program, which I know will train you to be an excellent teacher!  Most of all this semester, I am proud of your focus on things other than academics.  I enjoy watching your face light up as you discuss Dance Marathon, InterVarsity, or a personal revelation.  I have no doubt your success will continue!

Mallory, you have successfully submitted your application to the school of education: congratulations! You’ve worked hard to get to this point, you submitted a beautiful essay, and you will make a wonderful teacher!  I’m proud of you for being willing to reexamine yourself, your goals, and your life.  I’m proud of you for being willing to change things you thought were set.  I’m proud of you for following the Lord’s direction in all you do!  I simply cannot wait to see your joy in impacting children’s lives!  Thank you for becoming my friend in high school and for allowing us to continue our friendship into college; I couldn’t ask for a better person to spend these years with!

To the Hood, thank you for making this suite our home at college.  Thank you for asking me how my day was when I return home.  Thank you for listening.  Thank you for accepting flaws, hurts, and challenges.  Thank you for laughing at funny stories.  Thank you for opening my eyes to new things all around me.  Thank you for making memories.  Thank you for patting me on the back, holding my hand, and hugging me. Thank you for making me laugh.  Thank you for praying for me.  Thank you for being real, honest, vulnerable and authentic.  Thank you for motivating me to be better.  Thank you for being unique, individual, smart, talented, beautiful women of God.  I could not ask to live in a better place.  You are eight of my biggest blessings. I will never be able to express my thankfulness for meeting, becoming friends with, living, loving on, and being loved by you.   

I love you all, forever and always!
 Xoxo, Mama Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I love you just as much, sweet mama! I am so lucky to have you in my life, and I could not imagine it here without you!

    XOXO,
    Cassidy

    ReplyDelete